All mental, behavioral health and addiction continuing education workshops are tailored to therapists and counselors, which include but is not limited to: PhD, LCSW, SW, LPC, MFT, drug and alcohol counselors, and allied professionals in the fields of behavioral health, mental health and addictions. We bring together the best and brightest trainers from many disciplines offering a broader perspective; to help our therapists and counselors better address the issues that their client is facing day today.
For specific questions please email email@example.com.
Higher Thought Institute Offers Continuing Education hours from the following organizations:
American Psychological Association
Higher Thought Institute, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Higher Thought Institute maintains responsibility for all programming and its content.
Association of Social Work Boards
Higher Thought Institute, LLC, (Provider #SW-1740), is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Higher Thought Institute maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB provider approval period: 03/27/20 – 12/31/23.
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
Higher Thought Institute, LLC has been approved as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #189745, Higher Thought Institute is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
Higher Thought Institute, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0209.
New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work
Higher Thought Institute, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0639
California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals
Higher Thought Institute, LLC is approved by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) to provide continuing education materials. Higher Thought Institute, LLC maintains responsibility for the courses. Provider #OS-20-322-0222. Approval Period: 02/04/2020 – 02/28/2022.
Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation
SWB Provider # 159.001496 PC and CPC Provider # 197.000312, PsyD Provider # 268.000114
Please note it is your responsibility to contact your licensing/certification board directly to determine eligibility to meet your continuing education requirements.
Please check with your state licensing board to ensure that nationally approved courses can be used to satisfy your continuing education needs. In most cases state licensing boards allow courses for re-certification if they are nationally approved.
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines.
If a grievance arises pertaining to continuing education activities or processes, please contact Higher Thought Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, so that we can address your concern in a timely fashion.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
All registration fees are refundable, less a $60 cancellation fee. All requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and must be received 60 days prior to the event start date. Cancellations received after 60 days from the event start date will receive a credit that can be used towards a future Higher Thought Institute conference for up to one year. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. Persons who register and fail to attend will not receive a refund. For questions or more information, contact Higher Thought Institute at (480) 440-7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADA Support/ Disability Accommodation
ADA accommodations will be made in accordance with the law; please indicate your special needs when you register by sending an email to email@example.com.
Continuing Education Certification Policy
Full-Time conference attendees who complete all required evaluations and attendance documentation are eligible to receive the maximum number of contact hours. Daily registrants can receive credit for each day in attendance.
To receive Continuing Education Credits for approved educational sessions at HTI conferences and events the following criteria must be met:
- Conference registration fees must be paid in full.
- Attendees must sign in and out of each session and complete an attendance verification form which is provided at conference registration at check-in. Session attendees are required to attend the full session (i.e. no leaving before the session is over). This is a requirement from all of the credentialing organizations we work with. Thank you for adhering to this process.
- Attendees will receive an email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org approximately 3 days prior to the events. This email communication will provide you with a unique link to access the conference workshop evaluations dashboard.
- Attendees must complete an online evaluation form for each session attended, along with an overall conference evaluation. Access to your attended sessions will be available at the conclusion of the event online.
- You must fill in your evaluations within 45 days after the close of the conference.
- Once the online evaluations and overall conference evaluation are completed you will be able to download your CE certificate for the conference.
- Failure to complete session evaluation forms and an overall conference evaluation will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire conference.
- Attendees must attend the full session to receive CE credit.
- If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Higher Thought Institute at (480) 440-7700 or email@example.com.
CE Process for Certificates
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Approximately 3 days before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event (Mandatory to receive credit for each session)
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 877-248-6789 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.